Friday, April 15, 2005

Hmmm (Day I Discovered the PRO River Mouth)

Friday April 15, 2005
Today was cloudy, but warm (mid to lower 60's) Wind out of the SW 3-8MPH.

Started the day around 3:30 trying to get some of my jerk baits to suspend and run right. Once that was figured out, I fished right out in front with a beetle spin, got nothing. Decided my best bet was to try the GOMH. On the Platte side saw a 5-7lb northern. Once under, around, and landed, not much for action (1 bass 18", 1 missed big something), and spent quite a bit of time there. Oh water temps were 48 or 49.

I decided to run to a spot I'd never tried early in the year. Lets call it PRO. I was surprised to see water temps up to 51 in this area. Lots of sparse weed growth and the Bull Sunfish were in there pretty good. Had a blast catching them on the Pink Panther, DR. Green Meanie, and SR. Bluestripe. Had at least 3x8"s 5x7"s, smallest was 4" got 17 total so most were 5"and6" and all were C&R. I think I got 3 pike, no crappies, no bullheads, no doggies, and a few Bass biggest 18."

Lots of beaver traffic and even got harassed by an otter, Fppht! (not really otters are just curious)

No pics as that it was raining a lot of the time.

No comments: