Thursday, April 14, 2005

All work No fish makes BP a dull boy.

Posted by Hello
Report Wednesday April 13, 2005

It was a busy day for getting the boat ready. But first things 1st went to Onamia for Dr. Appt at 9, but was late due to Lilah running off (dad found her about 1/2 hour after I left. On the way back I stopped at the GOMH but nothing was there. Headed back and got to work on the boat. Fiddled with seats, got carpet on the bow so now there is less chance of me slipping and falling in, but plexy glass in for bottome of storage compartment, tryed to fix primer hose, got gas, cut angle iron for transom saver saving, started motor (hurrah) in driveway, Ohh yeah when I went to get gas I went fishing at GOMH, had a couple of bass swipe but didn't catch anything; Did however have baitfish following not sure if they were little perch or something else. Crappies should be there soon. Anyway finally got the boat cleaned out and headed to Ginny's to launch instead of Rock. It was coming up on 7 so I decided to stick it in Platte. For some reason the boat really didn't want to come off the trailer but eventually did. Motor fired right up (Hallejah!).

Posted by Hello

Once I got the weeds off the prop it got up on plane. Went to house to get GPS and minnows and headed across lake. Water temp in our bay was 50, went to area by "the green house" unfotunatly NE wind blowing in and temps were 48-49 with a couple of 50 readings. Lots of straw in that bay but no bites. I bet this bay will see a serious influx of Crappie and Sunnies this spring if the wind treats it right.

I then headed to Double Ditch but the temp there was 46, lots of straw left in here too. No bites. Went out to the Hole to troll a beetle spin but didn't see much and it was getting cold and dark. Tommorrow is supposed to be nice, so I will hopefully get into em tommorrow.

1st pick was after the Sunset looking west out of Double Ditch.

No comments: