Friday, April 15, 2005

Many happy returns.

Report: Thursday April 14th, 2005

I was worn out from yesterday and just could not wake up. After being up briefly at Noon, I ended up sleeping until about 4 PM. Finally hit the lake at 5:30. Went East, wind was out of the SE 5-15. Anyway Coolest temps were 47 but found water mostly 48-50, with 51 at the GOMH. Ran the East/North shore of our bay. Came across a group of sunnies sunning, but didn't catch em. At the turn got a hammer-handle then landed 3 small bass along the opposite shore. Ran out past the point into the reeds.

Then ran up to the inlet bay. Lots of Straw, no fish getting dark.

Ran down to the GOMH and found the 51degree water. Anchored and got a nice Crip right off the bat. Boat was wandering in current giving me fits. Was to dark to see bobber and I decided to beach shore as that there were no GOM or anyone else. Had a smaller Crip pick up as I was beaching, released. Once beached decided I needed a lighted bobber, while I was messing around another guy showed up with lantern on bridge. I didn't have a good light source, 1st couple of light sticks were Dud's, eventually got set, but then retied to put on glow demon. Had a couple of bites, I think one was a bullet and who knows on the other.

Anyway, the guy gave me a tip on some suckers. Headed out at 10:45PM. Where is the Moon? Tomorrow maybe smackdown day if I can get outta bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing tip. I stumbled on to your porst about Many happy returns. and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing tip and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks Basspastor...Cheers!