Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Last Ice Fishing Trip Of 23/24

Last fish in the last hole

 




Finally a fish


7:10 AM-1:45 PM: Rock Lake 17', 12'
24-47℉, PC, 0-8mph SSW
Water clarity poor to start and the ice made noise until 9AM

I got started loading the car about 10 minutes late and it took me 50 minutes before I was ready to leave the driveway. I had to go get the Fish Trap first. When I got to the access I should have repositioned the car before unloading, which was a slow clown show. I turned my headlamp off after parking the car. The ice was cracking and groaning, which kept on until about 9AM. As I came around the corner to the PRO Bay there were a bunch of swans swimming and on the ice. I couldn't make out where my old holes were, but I had the Garmin 7 with so I was close. I was a rust bucket at first and visibility was terrible. I only got two crappies and only saw 3. Sunfish and perch were around. I saw 3 pike in the first set of holes. At 9AM I drilled a second set on the maidencane drop, right next to my previous holes. A pike came in quickly and bit the minnow, but I pooched the hookset. I then fished my way back to the access spying two pike, catching one in the last hole. The northern half of the access had standing water and the ice was getting soft. This will be my last trip of the 23/24 ice season.

5Crip 
6Pike 
30Sun 
12YP 

No comments: