Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Oct. 25th P/S & Eddy's Jetty

Possible Last Bass of 2023
Big Blade/Billy Goat (Gill/Hot Snakes)
Big Blade Chatter/Billy GOAT

Skunk Out Of The Boat



4:40-6:30PM Funnel, Pt./Flat, Jaimen's Corner, F Flat 
50-54℉, Cloudy some light rain, 2-5mph NE

I didn't get a bite for the first half hour plus at the Funnel and on Pt/Flat. I went to Jaimen's and caught 2 pike and 2 bass. It rained for a minute then quit thankfully. I decided to run to F Flat.  My sunglasses flew off my head and into the lake in Platte. I got one pike at F Flat and missed one bite that hit when the Chatterbait landed. I should have just stuck things out in Sully, No surface activity in calm Platte.

Due to the weather turning cold at the end of October, this was my last trip in the Trophy while I had it docked at the Lake Place on Platte Lake. I pulled the Trophy out of Platte on Halloween. We are getting a warm-up in mid-November so hopefully this will not be my last trip in the Trophy for 2023.

2Bass 4Pike
10:00-Midnight Harbor Mouth, North Corner
50℉, Cloudy, 2-5mph ENE

Ideal conditions: Pre-frontal with light east winds (2-6mph). I got a skinny 23" fish quickly on the Rage Swimmer after I had a bite that didn't hook up on Agent E. I got the 25.5 pretty quickly. Then there was about a 30-minute lull where I lost one hooked fish and had a few bites that didn't hook up, I went to the North Corner and got an under on the first cast with the X Shad Shallow. Lots of weeds in the water. I got the final two bites and lost one other on the NC boulder. I got the final fish of the night on my announced last cast, a 23 incher. No keepers tonight. Had at least 5 hits that didn't hook up. Never did put on a stick bait.

5Eyes 




 


 

No comments: