Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Evening Trip In The Trophy





 5:20-6:45PM F Flat, NPSI Platte Lake
38-50℉, PC, 0-4mph W
40-41℉, Water Low Falling

Had a difficult time getting the boat to move with the falling water and me running the boat so far up last trip. Went to F Flat where it was calm and actually almost warm. Got 2 pike there on the Fleet Farm Spin. Went to NPBI a little after 6PM. No dice, so I ran back to F Flat. No surface activity, but I did get one more gator. Loons were calling and it was a nice sunset, but temps dropped quickly. Froze my face heading in.

My report at IDO:
Got out for just under an hour and a half on Wed. night. The highest water temp was 41. I didn’t get any bass, not a surprise, but I didn’t get skunked either. I got two hammer handles and a 30-inch pike on a black single Indiana blade spinnerbait with fire craw Z-Man Goat trailer. With the way the big pike hit and fought at first, I thought maybe I had a big bass on for about 15 seconds. I set the hook, and it was just solid, and then it slowly bulldogged me. With the amount of pressure I was putting on the fish, I knew it was good, whatever it was. I also threw a big Blade Chatterbait, Dark Swimmer, and suspending jerk bait. I think I might have gotten a hit on the jerkbait, but I’m not totally sure as I was fishing where there is cabbage which I did get hung in on that cast. I didn’t throw any jigs other than the Sleeper, and that was on a point, not in the cabbage where the pike were. Hopefully, the warm-up will activate a few bass.

No comments: