Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Fishing with Doubting Steve @ Eddy's Jetty

22" Jerk Shad (Ghost Shad)

21.5" (Jerk Shad)

21" Jerk Shad

18.5" Jerk Shad (Crackle)

8:00-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty Steve @ Center Standing Rock, Me North Corner Big Standing Rock
68℉, Mostly Cloudy, Calm

We got to Eddy's just in time to get the North Corner as two groups showed up within 10-minutes of our arrival. The one guy had really caught them last night on bobbers. He had bear issues at home and had to leave early. I told Steve with the calm conditions, we probably wouldn't be getting any bites until dark (9:15 or so). I gave him the Ghost Shad Jerk Shad, which is the bait I have confidence in conditions like this. I think I had a hit on my hair jig around 9PM. Steve got a bite around 9:20 or so. It was 21.5", so a keeper. About 10 minutes later, he got a 21-inch line burner with a tag. And at about a quarter to 10PM, he got a 22-incher. At 5 to 10PM, I relented and put on a Crackle Jerk Shad. Got about three turns of the handle, and it was fish on. Steve lost what he thought was a bigger fish right before 10PM. He was pleased we caught anything. They wanted a straight retrieve, no pause. And three of the four came very early on the retrieve.
 

No comments: