Saturday, August 01, 2020

Slow Morning and Evening With Todd, But Good Size

3.92lbs/18.5" Big Sexy

3.26lbs/16.5" Terminator (Yellow)
4.07lbs/20.25" Sparrow

17.25-inches and less weight than Todd's 16.5"

6:00-9:30AM Big Island Bust, Access Across Point to 6lb Flat
70-60℉, Cloudy to Mostly Sunny some light rain, 2-7mph SW W NW
74-76℉ Falling

We tried the East side of the Big Island to start. Total bust. Then I headed us to the Point across from the Platte Lake Access. Todd lost the first bite in the reeds, a fair bass. I got a small pike. Then nothing until Todd got a chub 16.5-incher that was over 3lbs. Then Todd got his big for the day casting back to the spot multiple times after it missed the first time. I finally got on the board with a 17.25" then the big girl struck in an open area on Big Rice Point. We worked our way to 6lb Flat both getting one more quality bass apiece. My 3 went 10.25 and Todd's 3 went 9.25. We worked for them, but when we got a bite it was a good one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17" on Big Sexy Just before it was stolen

We both filled our limits on our last cast

Todd's Bag 16.57lbs

My Bag 16.44lbs
7:00-9:30PM Deep Melon Patch to 6lb Flat
67-73℉, Mostly Sunny, 2-8mph NNE
76-77℉ Falling

Started off in the Melon Patch, nothing. I took us in behind the rice line and got a pike, then a bass. Todd then got a 17-incher on Big Sexy. I heard something get crunched but couldn't see where. Todd found the spot and got himself another 3lb 17-inch fish on the Big Sexy. Todd then caught a pike then had the Big Sexy get stolen. I got a bass n my first throw with the Sprinker. Todd had several fish, not get his frog and not return and get it. I closed out my limit on my last cast of the night as did Todd.  Todd ended up just edging me for the day and our combined limit was over 20lbs, not bad.

No comments: