Friday, July 31, 2020

OK Trip With Todd Tonight

Platte Lake Special Double

2.68lbs/16.5" Terminator Frog

2.68lbs/17" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

Todd's Bag

My Bag
6:30-9:15PM Intersection to NE Sullivan Access, NW Reeds
72-80℉, Sunny, 0-3MPH SSE
82-84℉ Low falling

We elected to go to the North end of Sullivan tonight. I started at E Intersection Point.  Didn't get anything until we were almost at the shore when the 17-incher hit. I then got a 14.25-incher. Todd came right back with two bass from the same area. We then headed East not getting a bite for quite a while. I then pulled a 12.5" fish from some pads next to a pontoon. Todd made a cast to a juicy looking rice line that I didn' see. He lost two fish and caught a similar sized fish to the one I got. Then we went a long way through the rice/reed/pads getting nothing.  I was just about to head out when I got two fish in about 4 casts. This might have been where Todd had a fish dog him. Maybe it was before that. We went to the access without any more bites.  We then went to NW Reeds. Todd got a pike. I got a 16-incher under a shoreline tree. While I was landing the bass when Todd cast to the same general vicinity of my cast. He asks me if I had cast under the tree? I said yes and right then the 16-incher jacked him. I caught a 12incher.  I then totally backlashed my reel ending my night as I furiously worked to get the backlash out before the skeeters showed up. Todd took the front of the boat. He didn't get a bite and we headed out at 9:15PM. I am glad to report I didn't have to cut the backlash out after working on it for 45-minutes at home.

Todd:
5 Bass
2 Pike

Me:
7 Bass
1 Pike



No comments: