Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Started Out OK, Then the Fish Just Weren't Getting It

1.27lber Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)


6:45-9:15PM North Reeds Across, Cookie Jar Reed Island.
70-74℉, PC, 0-2mph NE
Didn't bring the Garmin

I started at the boat lane in North Reeds Across.  I got the first fish along the shallow reed edge with rice and pads a bit before the cane. Just a 13-incher. I hooked it through the bottom jaw and it bled like crazy, so I put it in the livewell.  Amazingly, it lived and I released it.  I had a better fish get off at the boat from the area where Todd lost the frog.  I got one more 14-inch fish as I worked up the pads/reeds.  A little before 8PM I headed just to the South of Todd's Pond. There was baitfish activity, but no biters. Should have thrown a craw tube some, but didn't think of it.  Next, I went to the Cookie Jar Reed Island. I got my last bass of the night there on the tilapia craw tube. I did get a couple bites from small fish in the Cookie Jar area that didn't get the frog.  I had a couple more fish miss the frog and one miss the Popper in the area where I got my Plopper fish last trip. I wasn't getting anything and the skeeters were coming out so I headed in at 9:15PM. Disappointing trip.

No comments: