Monday, December 18, 2017

Bulldog Bite

10" VMC Fly/Maggot
4:45-7:15PM Bulldog
Conditions: 35℉, Cloudy, West Wind,
Depth: 29 Ft

With the warm weather, I thought I better get out before the snow and cold later this week.  I decided to hit up Bulldog.  As I was pulling out another car pulled into to the Holy Family lot.  It was two guys that weren't satisfied with the ice thickness on Rock.  They drilled holes farther out than me.  I didn't mark anything in the first three holes I drilled.  The 4th hole was the charm.  I caught about 13 and heard the other guys packing up.   They reported better size than what I was getting and they were using minnows.  He offered me some minnows.  I nearly forgot I had the minnow bucket in the Aerostar.   Fortunately,   I was able to get some before they left.  I got 3 crappies on minnows and missed a couple of bites as well.  I got 17 crappies on the VMC Fly with quite a few misses as well.  I would say about 3 of the fish were keeper size.

20 Crappies

No comments: