Thursday, December 21, 2017

Bulldog Again

10" VMC Fly Jig/Maggot
5:00-7:30PM Bulldog
Conditions: 18℉, Cloudy, Light NE Wind
Depth: 30Ft

I found some clips to put on the new power cord for the Vex.  The one that came with the unit when I bought it gave up the ghost.
Then I had to go and get propane for my tank.  I didn't get loaded up until after 4:30PM.  The was a guy out fishing the hole when I got there.  I drilled three sets of holes to his North.  I got one crappie on a minnow in the first set of holes, but it was pretty dead.  Matt Will. came out on his motorbike and set up just to the NE of me.  I started fishing the second set of holes.  A couple of guys came out to the other guys portable.  I was getting a few on a minnow.  The fish didn't want to go for the Glow Demon Spoon tonight as I only caught 2 on it.  Maybe the Impulse Mayfly was more than they wanted.  The other guys packed up and gave me their minnows.  They had gotten 5.   I would occasionally catch one on the minnow or the VMC Fly.  I heard Matt packing up so I went and talked to him.  He had his limit.  I got back in the house and my bobber was down.  It was AWWWWWWWWWN for the next 20 minutes or so.  I doubled my catch for the night and missed about 7 bites as well.  My lantern and headlamp were starting to dim so I called it quits at around 7:30PM.  Fished ranged from 8.5-10.5". 

18 Glow Demon w/minnow
10 VMC Fly w/maggots
2 Glow Demon Spoon w/maggots & Mayfly

No comments: