Saturday, October 18, 2014

GOMH and Rock

I debated all night whether or not I wanted to go out this morning.  Finally at about 20 to 7AM I decided to go.  First stop was at the GOMH hoping for a golden bullhead.  Thanks to taking the dogs out I arrived at 7:05AM.  I figured the chances I would be skunked at about 70%.  I started on the NE side.  On about my 4th cast I had what I though was a golden bullhead on.  It bit as it was getting near the rocks on my side.   Turns out it was a 14" jumper.
14.5" swamp gas Grass Pig
I was quite pleased I wasn't coming home with a skunk.  A few casts later I got a 13" jumper casting out a little ways.  I was hoping maybe a school had shown up, but that was it.

I went and fished off the bridge on the SE side.  Sure enough something thunked the Grass Pig.  A chunky 17.75 jumper.
17.75" Swamp Gas  
I think I might have had a bite casting off the bridge.

I went on the NE side again and had a small toothy pick up a Chigger Craw.  I heard several volleys from duck hunters throughout the hour I fished.  The wind came up and I left around 8AM

I then went to Jenny's to get my Spro out of the tree.  Since I was there I decided to hit up the Rock Dock.

I think I had a hit casting straight out with the Poison.  I cast back and sure enough it hit again. BAM!
18.25" bluegill Pure Poison
 That was my last hit of the morning. I fished at rock maybe 45 minutes.  Saw a flock of 4 Swans flying around.

No comments: