Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Sunrise At The GOMH, Caught Somethings

5:32AM When I arrived

When the sun actually rose.
5:30-7:00AM
Conditions: Mostly Sunny light wind out of the W NW. It had a thunderstorm go over last night.

When I arrived I wasn't sure if that was the sunrise or not, it was actually about 4 minutes later.  I started out throwing a white Horny Toad.  Didn't get nothing standing up on the concrete, so I went down on the rocks and cast under the bridge. Nothing.  I went back to the final step on the concrete and when I had about 8 feet to go before I pulled it out of the water a fish hit so hard it actually startled me and I jumped a little bit.  It was this 16" jumpin bullhead.
Kind of skinny, but the hit gave me my money's worth for coming out this morning.  I also got a small toothy on a green pumpkin craw tube.
I went to the Culvert, nothing.

I went to the Inlet and got a 13.5" bass out of the reeds along the road and that was my morning.

No comments: