Monday, April 09, 2012

Platte Access Dock and the GOMH

Unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera,  would have had some pics.

I arrived at the GOMH just after 7PM and pretty much nothing was going on.  At about 8:15 I decided to take the advice from a drunk from the other night who said crappies bite off the Platte Lake Public Access Dock right before dark.  Now I didn't know whether to believe him, but I thought it was worth a shot.  I get there and  on the very first cast my bobber goes down, but I miss it.  I'm like hmmm, maybe the drunk was on to something.  Next cast bobber goes down and I miss again.  Next cast I hooked into a chunky 18" bass.  That was the last bite I got staying to 9:45.

Then I went back to the GOMH and Lantern Man was there with his daughter and the wind was down to nothing.  They had gotten 5 silver bullheads.  Right away I smacked a slab and thought this might be good.  Didn't get a hit again until about midnight and I missed it.  It was getting to be about 12:15AM and I was just about to give up when I caught another silver bullhead.  I caught 2 more in pretty short order;  all of them were right up on the rocks.  At 12:30 I caught an actual honest to goodness bullhead and decided to call it a night.

No comments: