Sunday, April 19, 2009

The GOMH tonight.


I arrived at the GOMH around 7:45pm and there was a car there. A guy and a lady were fishing on SE side away from the bridge. I took the SW side and when I got down to the water I asked them if they were catching anything and they answered yes. I asked if they were crappies and they answered yes. How about that silver bullheads over on the SE side well out of the current. I started fishing with a glow Cubby Mini-Mite with a minnow under a bobber. The guy and lady were bringing in and throwing back silvers on a regular basis, meanwhile I was putting my line all over the place looking to find where silver bullheads might sit with the new bridge. I noticed the guy and girl were not casting out that far and were fishing around old cattail growth, so I tried in close to the rocks by the cattails on my side. Sure enough the bobber went down and I missed something. I cast right back and about a minute later the bobber went down and I had my first silver bullhead of the season. It was a keeper a little over 9 inches and I took it's picture.

I got back to fishing and again tried various places that I think would hold fish, nothing while the guy and girl kept pounding fish. Once again I put my jig and minnow by the cattails and down the bobber went, but this time it was no silver. After a good fight I landed a 18.5" jumpin bullhead. I fished until well after dark and got two more silvers when I could still see my bobber and both fish were right in the general area of the 1st 2.

No comments: