Friday, April 24, 2009

Not A Dud, Not A Stud


Tonight I didn't get out until 7PM and I hit up Rock but didn't get a thing. I arrived at the GOMH at around 7:45PM and parked on the SE side. I spent some time re-rigging the Cubby Rod; I put on an orange Flu Flu with a big head and little feathers. The family that fished by me last night were the only people fishing. The teenage boys were on SW side and the Dad and Mom were on the SE with me. They reported that they had caught some little crappies and that their kids were catching sunfish with an occasional crappie. They told me that Bucket Man and 2 other guys were fishing in the afternoon and they got their limits from the SE side. I was not surprised to hear this as a front moved through during the day and it was warmer earlier. The temp now was 43 degrees.

Anyway I am not dud and not a stud because I did manage to catch just about as many fish as this guy and his wife unlike last night when they schooled me but that isn't saying much. I started off with a orange bullhead (pumpkinseed), and then got the nice silver in the picture, and I caught a small silver. Meanwhile the guy and lady caught a jumpin bullhead, a dogfish, and a small bullhead. I missed a couple of hits too. I tried after dark for a while with the lighted bobber and missed one hit.

Oh I nearly forgot, the guy told me that Grumpy Old Man Lee Ander was there fishing this afternoon but I don't recall if he said Lee Ander caught anything or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave ~

Thanks for checking out my blog "Life & Times in the Great Outdoors".

I have tried putting my followers on the side bar but a security warning comes up after the change and you have to click on it 3-4 times before it goes away. I don't know how to fix it and didn't want to discourage folks.

Also, nice blog(s), you are indeed a busy man. Wow. I have listed this blog on the one's that I visit, as it is quite similar to mine with content (up-dated fishing reports, etc.)

Keep on fishing and good luck...GC