Thursday, June 18, 2020

Fishin' With Jaimen

Double

1st Fish of the morning on a jignpig


3/1 17.5" Craw Tube (b/b)

6:00-7:30AM SPSI, East of GOMH
71℉, Cloudy some light rain, 5-10mph SW
69℉ Very LOw

I picked up Jaimen at his dock around 5:50AM and headed to the SPSI. Jaimen was throwing a jig and quickly had a bass in the boat.  Unfortunately, his rod broke when he was landing the fish. I got a pike on the Poison. Then we doubled up with a couple of bass with both fish jumping multiple times.  We both got a couple more bass a piece before the action slowed. I got bit off once and Jaimen caught the clam. We went and tried the rice for a while.  Jaimen had a few blow-ups and got 1 pike.  I didn't get a single hit. The rain was approaching so I dropped Jaimen off and headed home.  Before I got to the small island the motor bogged down. I ended up limping the boat home at 3 to 4 mph.  Should have started with fresh gas in the tank.  Water probably got in the tank.

No comments: