Friday, June 19, 2020

Motor Issue Morning/Reeds Across & F Flat with Todd



7:30-9:30PM Reeds Across, F Flat
65-73℉, PC, 0-3mph NW
74℉ Very Low

The Motor Story:
So I was at the Lake Place a little after 5AM with new gas in the tank. I noticed a bunch of gas in the filter that I failed to get out of the line yesterday. I got that taken care of.  I then decided it would be best to put my stuff in the boat, and I try running the boat with the new gas.  That didn't solve the problem.  I called Prince's Marine. He told me to flush the line with air and check the spark plugs. If that didn't resolve the issue, he would look at it as soon as I could bring it in.  I went home and got dad and the tools we needed. We blew out the line.  I went out in the boat, and well ah, it worked full power.  I quickly turned around and brought it back in. Dad said, go out and run it some more.  I got up to full speed for about 15 seconds ad then it bogged down again. Drats!

I came in, and Dad thought the issue was the quick connect fitting that attaches to the gas tank.  Unfortunately, Bear Trax was out of them.  They did have them at Hardware Hank in Onamia, but I would have to buy the $50 hose to get the $12 part. Oh well.  So we went back to the lake. Issue not resolved.  We then checked the spark plugs. They seemed to be fine.  By this point, it was too late for me to make it to Prince's. Todd and Mallory showed up as we were finishing up. I went home for a little bit.

The Trip:
Todd and I got out at 7:30PM.  We headed to the Reeds across.  I lost something that hit Mann's Buzzbait right away.  Todd put a quick bass in the boat on the Sprinker and then caught a pike.  We thought things were looking good.  Then nothing for quite a while.  I had a small bass jump me off and got a pike at the boat path.  We didn't get a hit in the North bed at all. Maybe Todd missed one bite. It sucked. I eventually beat feet for the F Flat juice. I got a decent bass at the Brown Boat House dock, and Todd got the big fish of the day there on the Sprinker. Todd and I both lost quality fish to the West of Brown Boat House.  There were baitfish jumping all over the place, but they didn't seem to be getting busted on by anything.

Not a great trip, but not horrible either.



No comments: