Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Evening Ice Trip On Platte

 

No Skunk!

3:50-5:30PM 8' NW Of the Access Platte Lake
23℉, Cloudy, 6-16mph NW

Went to the same area I was in a couple of days ago. Drilled 5 or 6 holes. Saw a sunfish down the 4th hole I checked, and it had green weeds as well, so I drilled my three and fished the night there. Unfortunately, I had weeds blocking my view of the minnow. Had a small pike that I saw on the camera take the minnow. When I set the hook, my line broke immediately.  Had sunfish, crappies, perch, and pike all move through and inspect the minnow. I missed a few bites on the jig rod, or I wasn't patient enough to wait for the bite. The bobber only went down one more time, and it was the crappie that prevented the skunk. Once it was dark, fish stopped coming through. The wind came up about 5PM, and there was a minor and loud icequake as the ice shifted after it had been blowing hard for about 15 minutes. I was a little concerned a crack might have opened up between me and the access, but that wasn't the case.

1 Crip

    

No comments: