Monday, June 13, 2022

DNF

I was unaware that I would be the lead plumber in replacing our kitchen faucet. I found this out when I got back from the chiropractor around 4PM. Had I known about this project, I would have stopped at the Grumpy Old Man Hole on the way home. Putting me in charge of completing this "honey-do" was not a good plan by Dad. Post-stroke, I have a mechanical IQ of about 2.  The job required somebody with some plumbing experience and at least an average mechanical IQ. I quickly recognized this job would sap my patience reserves. I told the parents I was calling my brother Steve. He has done a variety of home improvement tasks including plumbing. He was already planning on coming over tonight. Well, things got shuffled, but Steve got over after 6PM, and his tire patching project didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked. Then the faucet was a PIA. We finally got the old faucet off, but by then, it was too late for me to consider hitting up the GOMH. Steve will be back to put the new one in tomorrow.

No comments: