Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Morning Trip Running Late/Evening Trip Running Lake

When I arrived at the lake.

7" Frenzy Popper (Bullfrog)

I got to Lake Place just after 5am, when I should have been leaving. So it cost me 20-25 minutes of pre-sunrise fishing. It was dead calm all morning. I went to F Flat first fishing with the Frenzy Popper, Stanley Phantom, eBay Chatterjig, and SBKO. On the way, there was a lot of activity on the surface along the reed edge. Instead of stopping and checking it out, I went straight to F Flat. Had a pike first on the Frenzy Popper. Got a keeper bass on the Stanley Phantom before I got to the dock along the rice line. At the juice, I got a dink, had a keeper throw me, and got the bluegill on the Frenzy Popper. I got a small keeper on the Fire Craw eBay Chatter before throwing the Frenzy Popper the second time. I spent way too long at F Flat because things weren't happening. Instead of running South, I went to Reeds across South Bed. Stuff was getting busted all over the place in both beds for about 15-minutes and then it stopped. I got a few pike on the Horny Toad and missed bites on the Maracker. Eventually, when it wasn't happening on top I switched to a Monsoor Swim Jig. I caught a small keeper on that and lost about 4 bass that buried me in the reeds. (I found a spot that had a pod of bass.)  When I came out on the South end I decided to throw topwater along the reed line. Had several pike swing at the Shower Blows Knock Off and caught a 16-incher just as I was about to quit. I then fished another hundred yards and half an hour longer missing one bite. Before I headed home I walked to the end of the dock and there were a few bass and sunfish swimming all over the place.

2.64lbs/16.?? Yum Dinger (BGum/Org)

11.06lbs for Best 6
I went to the Chiro in the afternoon. Dr. reported tough fishing at his place on Round Memorial Day and getting skunked on Platte this morning. I made the mistake of getting a sub for myself at Redds, mom was making pancakes for supper. Mom was not happy with me leaving to go fishing before the pancakes were ready. I wanted to be fishing tonight by 6PM because of the calm conditions. I was already running late, it was after 6PM and I hadn't left yet. I left for the lake at 6:25 and not happy. I briefly fished out front in the rice. I then headed across to "the dock." Didn't get anything there, but got a couple small keepers on the next dock. I was kind of a train wreck tonight with a bad attitude and lousy casting. I got Yum Dinger caught on a pontoon lift when the skip went through a small opening on the lift 6-inches above the waterline. Getting the Dinger back was a clown show. I aggravated my back in the process. I ended up missing multiple fish after that, frustrating. It was after 8 and I wanted to do some frog fishing in the Reeds Across, but then I thought I should hit the docks on the point, but didn't start with the first two. I got the big fish of the night on the dock I started on and one other fish as well, so I went and fished the first two getting nothing of course. I caught one small bass beyond the dock I started on. By the time I was chucking frogs in the reeds it was after 8:30. There was no activity in the South Bed, which I fished quickly heading toward the North Bed where I could see some activity. I pooched a hookset at the South Bed reed line. Should have been ready for that bite. I had a pike get off along the North Bed reed line. I got a dink along the inside edge and a two-pounder in the cane. I missed a couple of other bites in the cane and couple in the reeds to end the night. I took my time and relaxed getting unpacked after that frustrating trip. Mom's pancakes and the $50 I won from North Star Cash improved my mood as well.

No comments: