Saturday, April 24, 2021

Slow Saturday Trophy Trip






 7:00-9:00PM Intersection, River Mouth, GOMH, F Flat 
40-46℉, Sunny, 3-10mph WNW

I watched the Lake Fork weigh-in while I was getting my Garmin 7sv put together. Had a little complication with the mounting bracket and had to hunt down the right size bolt and nut because the one that came with the unit was too short. I then headed over to Steve's and got Mac taken care of. I got headed down to the lake around 6:20PM. I was surprised to learn the Brocraft and Scotty Mounts are compatible. Had I known that I would have had the Garmin 7 on the boat much sooner, Captain Procrastination was in no hurry to switch out the mounting brackets. I went over to F-Flat and took a couple passes, looking at things with side-imaging. I was able to make out very little of what I was looking at. I did a little fishing at the juice and didn't mark anything, so I bounced fast.  I then went to the Intersection, hoping to connect with more gills. All I got was the one perch. At sunset, I went to the River Mouth and caught a pike. I was headed in by 8:40, but no one was at the GOMH, so I stopped and fished. Didn't get a bite. Shined a bass on each side of the bridge (SW, NE), and there were shiners all over, but not a ton of them.

No comments: