Saturday, August 19, 2017

Spro Sprinker Knock Off Try Out

16" Spro Sprinker Knock Off 
Aug. 16th Report
Haven't fished the past couple of days.  I actually did get out for about an hour and a half on Wed's morning.  I got rained on in the Trophy and lost a small bass in the pads on Pad Point.  I came in because it started pouring and I wasn't getting anything.  I went to the GOMH and missed a good bass on the Bluegrass Maxx.  That was it for action.  We got a bunch of rain Wed into Thurs morning.  Thursday was cloudy cool and windy.  Friday was a nice day, but I didn't feel like fishing.  Had Vikings football on the brain as they played in Seattle.
Storm Tail (Pink)/Powerbait Tail (Shad)

Tonight's Report:
6:00-8:30PM East of GOMH, Channel Inn Bay
Conditions: 75-70℉, Mostly Sunny, Light S Wind, Water level is now high and rising
Water Temp: 70℉
16" Spro Sprinker KO
I have followed the Sprinker Frog phenomenon from the beginning.  I was to lazy to order some for myself.  Not long after the baits were released guys started making their own versions and posting videos of how they did it on Youtube.   I finally got around to putting a couple together on Friday.  I went with the split ring on the hook holding the tail version.  I need to get more swivels.  I like the action of the Storm Wildeye Swim Shad paddle tail best so far.
8.75" Zoom Horny Toad (Watermelon)
Fish weren't real active tonight.  I missed the first bite I had on the yellow knock off.  I had a pike take of one of my Toad legs and then I got this dink.  I went over to Channel Inn Bay and got the 16 incher that just crushed the SSKO.  I missed another one about the same size. That was it for action tonight.

2 Bass
1 Pike

No comments: