Tuesday, August 15, 2017

OK Bite Tonight

3.35lbs/17.5 Mad Maxx (Grapes Of Wrath)
5:30-9:00PM SPSI, East Of GOMH, Channel Inn Bay
Conditions: 72℉, Cloudy, Light SE Wind
Water Temp: 72℉
Damn pike stole my last Grapes of Wrath Mad Maxx Frog
I started off fishing the south point of the small island. I ran into some 12" bass there getting 1 on Mad Maxx and 3 on a brown/grn pumpkin craw tube.  I also got a 8.5"on the craw tube.  There was a lot of baitfish activity on the flat, but not so much for bigger fish busting them.  I fished the Whopper Plopper for a good 25 minutes and didn't have one hit.  I then started fishing along the slop on the far edge East of GOMH.  I got the 3lber in a boat channel entrance.  Just beyond the boat channel entrance to the West is where the Maxx got bit off.  It swirled right next to the boat and Maxx was gone just like that.
17.33" Zoom Horny Toad (Watermelon)
 I got a 15.25" and the 17.33" on a Horny Toad in the same general area I had the 17 incher jump me off yesterday.  I worked my way farther West today, but the area was dead.  I left and went to Channel Inn Bay and started fishing the boat channels.  I got a 18" pike and had one that was 24 plus jump out of the water at the Toad. I got a 15.5" out front of a boat channel in the channel.  I had a 15.75" miss the Toad in some pads right by the boat; I pitched the Toad back and let it sink and it nailed it.  My last fish a 16" bass that hit the Toad as I was making my way out of the thicker stuff.
Best 6 Bass Tonight
11 Bass
1 Pike

No comments: