Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Just One Pike Today

A lot of nothing on the Vex tonight
2:00-6:15PM
Conditions: Cloudy, light winds out of the W turning windy out of the NW at about 3PM, 34 degrees

Matt and Peter were out there again today.  I brought Peter some of my MidWest Outdoors Magazines, most of them unread.  The plan today was to work the weeds looking for fish on my Aqua View and then switch out to where I fished last night at 4PM.  First open hole I came to I thought maybe I saw a sunfish;  It was hard to tell because it was almost out of my viewing range.  I might have had a bite or I might have hooked a weed.  I then put a tip up in the hole and had Matt drill me 6 holes.  In the 2nd one I spotted a pike.  I put the Swamp Gas Grass Pig down and it hit it right away.  I landed it and it was about 17".  I figured I might catch more so I didn't take a picture.  In the next hole I called in a little bigger pike on the Jiggin Rap, but it didn't bite.  That was the last fish I saw on the Aqua View.  At 4PM I moved out to where I got the crappies last night.  I did have one fish come in and hit the Go-Devil Spoon but it didn't hook up.  I checked to see my waxie was still attached, but before I could get it back down it was gone.  That was it.  Matt got 1 walleye, the crappies were a no show.  I think the front might have messed them up.

No comments: