Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Peavy Lake Again.

9"
3:30-6:00PM
34 degrees, light wind, cloudy.  Less water on the ice than yesterday
50 feet of water or so.  On the bottom or suspended around 30'

There was no one on the lake when I arrived, so I headed to where the other guys were yesterday.  There were two individual holes then a spot with 3 holes.  I didn't mark anything in the individual holes, so I stopped at the spot they fished yesterday.  Since I didn't mark anything there, I went and drilled about 6 individual holes.  I got back to the Trap, put a line down and had fish show up immediately.  I think I got 3 on a minnow and Demon and that was it, so I went hole hopping with T.H.E. Jig and a waxie.  I got 3 on that and one off the bottom before I got back to the Trap.  I lost what I think was a bigger crappie at one point as well while I was out hole hopping.  I started getting them at the Trap, so I stayed there until it was getting dark.  I went and drilled some holes to the south of where I was sitting.  I got a couple out of those holes.  The fish got real finicky around 4:45 or so.  Most were 9" but I got 3 ten inchers and couple that were smaller.  I never set the Trap up to whole time it was so nice out.  I ended up getting 14 crappies with 3 of them coming off the bottom.  

14 Crappies

No comments: