Saturday, December 20, 2014

Good Night on Long

9" on T.H.E. Jig and a waxie
2:30-5:30PM
30 degrees breezy out of the SW and cloudy

The fish were finicky at first but turned on for about half an hour from 4:15 to 4:45.  I caught about equal numbers on T.H.E. Jig and waxie and a Glow Demon with a minnow.  I think I drilled 6 sets of holes in a line from east to west.  I didn't mark anything in the two most east holes.  I caught the most fish in the 4th hole.  I did try hole hopping outside of the Fish Trap, but the wind made that uncomfortable.  The fish were either under 8 inches or between 9 and 10 with one exception.  There were 6 or 7 other groups out fishing.  I was to the South of the permanent fish shack.  I did have to turn the heater on around 4:00.  The fish were caught between 22' to 26' in about 31' of water.

17 Crappies.

No comments: