Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lucky Not To Be Skunked This Morning

I arrived at the GOMH right at sunrise.  It was D E A D dead, no water moving under the bridge and no fish biting except one that showed at a Mad Maxx Frog.  After trying for an hour with nothing, I went to the SW side. Nothing there.  I only brought 1 rod with me to the SW side, so I had to go back to get my stuff.  I decided I might as well throw the Tonka Tackle Craw Tube back to where the fish showed itself one last time.  I had thrown to this spot at least 10 times so far in the morning.  Sure enough a fish picked it up and I landed this chunky 15.5" jumpin' bullhead.
I cast back to the same spot and got a 15.25".  That was it.  I went to the Culvert, but didn't get anything there.  I was done fishing by 7:30AM.

No comments: