Friday, August 19, 2011

Escape The Skunk

I was up at 7AM and I decided to hit the GOMH. Yesterday I broke down and bought a pack of 5/0 Trokar Flippen Hooks because they were 50% off at Mills Fleet Farm and I wanted to test them out.

I get to the GOMH and got nothing on the Think Tank Triggerfish. No big deal. I then went right to the Lake Fork Crawtube with the Trokar Hook. Nothing. I went to the SW side and couldn't get a bite there either. I went back to the NE side and on my first cast this jumpin bullhead picked it up.
I was pleased not to be skunked. I made a cast way under the bridge and got hung up. Had to break off. Went to get another Trokar Hook and discovered there were only 4 in the pack.

I started pitching to the pads and my line jumped and I caught a toothy bullhead and that was it.

No comments: