Monday, July 18, 2011

Shakopee & Mille Lacs


Today I had my ICD check and annual with my Cardiologist down in the cities in the morning. It was a scorcher in the cities in the mid 90's, as I came North there was a bit of cloud cover and I drove up Mille Lacs to Eddy's and down Shakopee Road. Wish I would have brought fishing rods as I was seeing fish at the Shakopee bridge. In the evening it was warm, humid, cloudy, and calm and I decided to head East around 7:20pm. First stop was the Shakopee bridge. I started with topwater and had a couple of hits that didn't hook up. Next I went to the exposed hook junebug CrawTube and caught 2 15" largies and missed one other good fish.

It was getting close to 8PM when I headed to Mille Lacs. It looked good with overcast and calm water, but all I got was 2 rock bass on the Berkley Frenzy Popper. Eventually the mosquito's drove me away.

No comments: