Monday, July 11, 2011

Morning Shore Singles and Theft

I woke up this morning at about 5:45AM, so I decided to head out to do some fishing. The sun was already up and there wasn't a cloud in the sky and no current was moving through at the GOMH. I worked the North side and didn't get a bite. I switched to the SE side because there was a guy fishing for orange bullheads on the SW side. He was getting a few and told me he caught quite a few nice bullheads there last week. I ended up getting a 13" jumpin bullhead on a black/blue Lake Fork Crawtube and that was it. Here's that fish:



Next I went to Jenny's where the deer flies were terrible. I made a long cast to a little open spot in the slop and this 14" jumped all over the Spro Frog.


Next I headed to our lake place for the first time this year. Right away I had a blow up in some thicker rice over toward our neighbor Jim's. I walked over closer so I could work the area a little better and was rewarded with this 16".

I went over and fished on Jim's dock and was quickly reminded why I don't think I can ever have enough hollow body frogs when a pike stole my Spro. I went and got a copperish colored Mad Maxx from the car, but that didn't get anything and then I was done for the morning. I fished for about 2 hours, not bad.

No comments: