Saturday, June 19, 2010

GOMH Quick 10

Seeing as how fishing was so good last night at the "Grumpy Old Man Hole", I decided to hit it up again first thing this morning. I went right to the NE side.

My first cast was with a bubblegum Zoom Super Fluke and it got nothing. On my second or third cast a bullhead took it pretty close to shore. I let the fish run a bit before setting the hook, but all I got back was the hook. That was my only Fluke, so I switched rods to a Northland Tackle Jungle Jig Loc Jig with dark smoke with green fleck Gander Mtn Tube. That was the ticket and I quickly proceeded to catch 10 jumpin bullheads. The smallest was around 10" and the biggest was about 15" with most being around 13.5." On average a little smaller than those I got last night.

After about 35 minutes of fishing, things slowed down and it started to sprinkle and nature called, so I dipped.

No comments: