Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mille Lacs Tonight

Pete is now back from Guard Training. We decided to head to Mille Lacs because conditions were supposed to be right to get fish off Eddy's Jetty. Unfortunately due to Pete and I taking a nap we were not on our way until right around 8PM. It would have been nice to be on the Jetty at 7PM because conditions were indeed good.

While Pete was running an errand my bobber went down, but I missed it. Had a few nibblers and finally my bobber went down good again and I tied into this 22" protected slot fish.
Pete and I both had some nibblers on occasion. Around 9:35PM Pete's bobber went down and he had what looked to be a good keeper walleye on, but his drag was set to light and it got off. I had one more good bite but set into nothing but air.

Conditions being what they were I would have thought the bite would have been a bit better. I don't know if some of the bites we got were perch messing with us or eye's that didn't want to commit.

No comments: