Sunday, November 02, 2008

Trophy Away and Bonus Bass

Today we moved the Trophy up to the lake place where it will be stored for the winter. Before I use it next spring we are gonna check the lower unit seals and will need to put in lower unit gear lube.

Anyway after we got the boat in the garage I headed down to the lake front with the "lost jig". Today was absolutely gorgeous weather about 70 and dead calm. As I was casting my way across the shore line I came through a pocket in the weeds and seemed to spook something. I threw back and it struck and missed. I figured it had to be a pike. I let the pocket settle and kept working my way west. After about 4 minutes I tried the pocket again and had a wake follow then hit the jig. Much to my surprize it was not a pike but a 17" bass, kind of skinny though for this time of year. As I worked my way to Jim's dock I got a hammer handle. And fishing off Jim's dock casting West parallel to shore.  About half way out on the dock I got another Pike. I thought for sure this fish was going to be a bass.

I did also fish at Jenny's but didn't get any hits.

No comments: