Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sullivan Lake 4/6/07

My alarm went off at 4:40am. I turned it off and tried to go back to sleep, but when that didn't work I got my sorry but out of bed, ate breakfast, and went fishing. I was on the water and heading to the Platte River Outlet (PRO) on Sullivan Lake. My first few casts were to the North Shore rice with a white Spro Bronze Eye Frog and they produced nothing. I made a couple of casts to the West shore rice and got nothing. I then cast to the PRO mouth just off the West side and missed a fish. On the next cast I hauled in a 17incher that had a nasty scar in the middle of it's body. I think it must have encoutered a pike as a young fish. A few casts later and I landed a 16.5incher just a little farther in the river on the West/South side. I got a 13" and a 14" off the North side, one of those fish was on the Horny Toad. I missed a couple of strikes on the Frenzy Popper as well at the PRO mouth. I headed into the river where a Beaver was swimming around and occasionally slapping it's tale. I missed a couple of hits and finally got a 15" about 300-400 yards into the river. It was starting to warm up and get pretty windy so at 7:30am I called it quits thinking that fishing would be tough.

No comments: