Friday, June 15, 2007

6-15-07 Mille Lacs

1st fish of the day...
My second smallie of the day and largest.


The Story: I woke up at 4am and was out the door by 4:30. I headed to the Isle public access and was on the water by 5:10. First spot I hit was Malone Island Point Reef. The wind was blowing 5mph out of the SW and I worked my way accross the point as the sun came up. I was throwing a Purple Frenzy Popper. I had one very light take that I pulled away from the fish. After trying for 45 minutes I decided to head to Hawkbill Hump.

At Hawkbill Hump I made my first pass with the Frenzy Popper and got nothing. I switched to a pink X-Rap and caught a 25" walleye (pictured). Soon after that I caught a 15-16" smallie. My reel started giving me trouble and I switched to a white twister tail on a 1/2oz gold jig head but got nothing on this.

I got tired of fighting the wind and waves and headed into Twin Bay to hit some docks. On the 2nd dock I got the 18.5" smallie on a bubblegum Super Fluke. I just wasn't feeling to much like doing boat control and precision casting so I decided to call it a day at about 7:20am. I was satisfied with what I caught.

No comments: