Friday, August 10, 2018

With Todd Morning, With Both Bro's In The Evening

15.75" Ish's Phat Frog (Ballin)

6:00-9:00AM Chuck's Point, Big Rice Point, Reeds Outside of Chuck's
Conditions: 59-72℉, Haze Mostly Sunny, Calm
Water Temp: 76℉
15.25" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
I took us to the juice in Green Cabin first.  After 20 minutes and no strikes, I hightailed it on the troller over to Chuck's Point. I caught that 15.25" pretty quickly then added a 13.25", and 12.75" in short order.  I may have caught a 15.25" as well. (Can't remember if I got that second 15.25" here or at Big Rice).  I got on the big motor and was slowly moving us down the reed line on our way out, when Todd got a bass.

13" Ish's Phat Frog (Ballin)
I turned the motor off and Todd took the fish off.  Todd threw back a couple of times and missed a much bigger fish.  That prompted me to grab a rod and fish off the battery compartment.  I quickly missed two good fish that I had no business missing.  That was it.  Next, we went to Cane Across and I got 2 or 3, depending on where that second 15.25" came from there.  I think Todd missed one opportunity.  Next, we went to the Reeds outside of Chuck's.  I had a good fish hang me on a reed and get off.  Todd got two there (13, 12.5).  We made a quick stop at the Reeds Across the Way where Todd missed one good blowup.  I was going to drop Todd off and hit some docks, but I didn't have the dock rod in the boat, so I beached and then decided against it.  I went home and caught a nap.
  I took the girls out on the new tube in the afternoon for a couple hours.  I then came in had lunch, beat the girls in a game of UNO, then learned the card game Trash.  I started getting tired, so I didn't go out with the crew on the pontoon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16.75" Terminator Frog (Green)
11.75" Terminator Frog (Hot Mud Camo)
14" Ish's Phat Frog (Ballin)
7:30-9:10PM Reeds Across the Way North
78-72℉, Hazy Sun, Very Light S wind
79℉

At 6:00 when I ate dinner I wasn't feeling up to fishing, but getting some food in me did the trick and I was out the door by 6:35PM. Much to Belle and Mallory's disappointment, Steve decided to come along with us.  The boat wasn't gaining any speed so I aborted my planned run to Green Cabin and went to the reeds across the way.  The fish were active in there, fortunately.  I caught 3 bass (15.25, 13.75, 13.5) pretty quick on the Terminator Frog.  I switched Todd to a Terminator and gave Steve the Ish's that Todd had been using.  Todd caught the dink and Steve got a 12.5" so the skunk was totally out of the boat.  I lost a couple of good one's in the reeds.  Then I got the 16.75" in the boat.  Steve got the 14-incher.  Steve had one at least that big get off as he was lifting it into the boat.  All three of us caught a small pike.  Steve the last bass of the trip (The one at the top of this post).
Todd's pike taken with the flash on
13.29lbs for the Best 6 of the Day
11 Bass for me for the day.
Todd 4 Bass
Steve 4 Bass

No comments: