Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Slow Good Long Morning, Evening with Steve

16.25" Ish's Phat Frog (Silver)
5:50-6:25AM GOMH NE
7:00AM-1:00PM Melon Patch, 17" Hole
Conditions: 59-77℉, Cloudy to Mostly Sunny, Calm to 3mph S
Water Temp: 69-75℉
15.25" Shower Blows (Blue Sexy)
I got the 15-incher on the first cast.  I also caught a 12-incher in the tube on the Shower Blows. Nothing on the SW side.  Spent far to much time here.
In the Trophy I headed straight to the back of the Melon Patch.  I had two pike miss the Bobby's Perfect Frog right away.  I got into the rice and just sat there.  A fish gave its position away on the Horny Toad, a couple of casts later I had the 17.75-inch bass in the boat.  He got hung up in a rice stalk and was hooked in the tongue.  I was in such a hurry to get it back in the water I forgot to take it's picture after weighing it, oops.  I then had a doggy "dog me" on the Horny Toad. It then it "dogged me" on a Grass Pig.  The third time was the charm and the big girl tail walked after I hooked her.  I was like this is a big one.
29" 

8.35lbs Grass Pig (Grn Pmkn)
 I should have put her in the livewell and taken her home so I could get a better picture.  Next time I guess.  A fish gave its position away and I caught her on Big Sexy.
17.25" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
I got one dink bass and a couple of pike on the Horny Toad before finally abandoning the Melon Patch at 11AM.  The bite was definitely off.  On my way out I stopped where the deep water abuts the pads and there are cabbage weeds mixed with the pads.  I got a pike there on the Terminator Frog.  I also checked the spot where I got a bite coming out the other day where the cabbage runs into the flat on the North side, nothing.  I then headed to the 17" Hole at Noon.  I got 16-incher right away on the lime Sprinker.  I then had a fish "dog me".  I let the Sprinker sit and it grabbed it, but quickly came off. I then missed a bite in a rice patch then had another fish "dog me" and not commit. The a light wind started was blowing out of the SE so I went to the top of the Big Rice Point and drifted back.  I got two bass (12", 16.25") along with a couple of misses out of the rice patches.  At 1PM I had enough and went in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same bass as the top of the blog taken with flash
7:30-9:00PM Green Cabin Bay, Access Across Cane to 17" Hole
Conditions: 78-72℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-5mph SSE
Water Temp: 76℉
16.75" Terminator frog (Green Frog)
With the way the wind was blowing, I decided to give Green Cabin Bay a shot because the water would be calm in there.  Steve noticed a fish move in the rice.  He got it to blow up but set the hook to fast and it got off.  I had a fish blow up and miss.  I let the frog sit and it hit again, but didn't hook up.  I then got the 16.75-incher.  I got a 14.25" andmissed a couple and Steve missed a couple.  We left Green Cabin Bay at 8:35PM.  I took us to the Cane.  I got a 13-incher there and one in the pads as I was making my way to the 17" Hole.  Steve finally got a bass in the boat and I got one last good bass (16.5) for the day.
6 Best Bass Plus Dogfish

16.99lbs 6 Best Bass for the Day


No comments: