Sunday, August 05, 2018

Slow Morning, Smackdown On the Sprinker in the Evening

5:45-6:15AM GOMH SW
7:00-Noon Jenny's Reeds, Green Cabin, Chuck's Point, Melon Patch
Water Temp: 72℉ Water High and rising





15.25" Shower Blows 105 (Bone)
Nothing on the NE side.  The jumper was all over the Shower Blows on the SW side.  I heard something get hit under the bridge while I was taking the fish off, but I didn't get any more bites.
While I was putting my gear in the boat there was pretty good visibility to start, but then the fog got thicker.
I decided to try Jenny's reeds hoping the fog would dissipate.  I didn't get a bite and the fog wasn't going away, so I headed to Green Cabin in the fog 25 minutes wasted.  On the way there I had a little issue with the fuel line.  I got it figured out pretty quickly and was on my way.
There was no fog in Green Cabin Bay and it burned off the rest of the lake quickly after I arrived.  I didn't get a hit in Green Cabin Bay. Eventually, I hightailed over to Chuck's Point. When I was fishing down the reed line into the slop a fish finally gave it's position away in the thick reeds by the shore on the point.
13.5" Grass Pig
I caught my first bass of the trip there on a Grass Pig and quickly lost two more bites.  I was working my way out of the reeds and on my last cast, I caught a good one.
17.5" Grass Pig (GP)
I threw a few more casts and was off to the Melon Patch.  I caught two nice bass quickly.
17" Bobby's Perfect
The first fish, the 17-incher, didn't get the Bobby's perfect the first time.  I threw back to the spot and it inhaled it.  The second fish, a dark 16.25" chunk of a bass, came all the way out of the water missing the Bobby's Perfect.  I threw back to the area about 10 times and had one hit from a pike.  I then threw the lime Sprinker Frog and it hit it on about the 7th cast.  That was my last bass of the morning, but I did miss a couple of bites.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.25" Sprinker (Lime)
6:45-9:10PM Channel Inn Bay,  West of the 17" Hole to Big Rice Point
Conditions: 80-72℉, Mostly Cloudy, 2-5mph SW Wind
Water Temp: 75℉
17.25" Sprinker (Lime)
I started in Channel Inn Bay.  Stuff was getting smoked to my North way up in the junk when I arrived.  Not much was going on.  I caught one 15.5" bass.  I pulled the plug at 7:45 and headed to the 17" Hole.  I had a couple of pike hit the Sprinker right away.  I moved to the west and got 15.25" bass. When I didn't get anything at the inside pad patch I headed back East getting a couple more pike in the 17" Hole.  I then got a 17.25", first one above, from that point it was game on with the Sprinker Frog.  I had two fish "dog me".  I had the first one on for a few seconds and the second one never committed.  Over that final half hour, I caught 12 bass and missed 3 or 4 more.  The final fish of the night was the second 17.25".  It buried me good in a rice stalk.  No giants, but a fun night.
17.79lbs for my Best 6 for the Day
20 Bass
9 Pike


No comments: