Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Tonight With Steve Not Catching Much

Bass In the Boat Finally
6:20-8:50PM NW Bay, Melon Patch, Center B.W., Big Rice Point
77-70℉, Sunny, 2-5mph SW
77-75℉
Stevie Wide-Eyes
Steve came along tonight.  We started in the South rice in NW Bay.  He missed a bite and I missed a couple of weak ones. I wasn't impressed so I got us out of there and headed to the Melon Patch.  Nothing was going on there except for a couple of small pike.  I pulled up stakes at 8PM and decided to see if we could get something out of the stuff in the center of Big West Bay. Steve missed a great blowup, then caught the pike.  By 8:20 we were off to Big Rice Point (not a far drive at all).  I told Steve this spot has been hot.  He cast out and had a fish blow up on his frog immediately.  He lost it.  Steve missed at least 3 more before landing the only bass of the trip.  I don't know why the fish wanted nothing to do with "Big Sexy" tonight.

No comments: