Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Short Trip With Steve Tonight

2.22lbs/15.5" Ish's Phat (Silver)
7:30-9:10PM Melon Patch, 17" Hole
Conditions: 80-73℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm-5mph West
Water Temp: 80℉
2.66lbs/16" Terminator Frog
I didn't get out of the house until after 7PM.  Steve decided to come with and set a goal of getting 3 bass.  First stop was the Melon Patch.  I had a pike sky when it missed my Terminator Frog.  I don't remember which one of us missed the first bite, probably me.  I think I missed 3 or 4 hits at the Melon Patch.  Steve landed the one in the picture there along with missing a couple.  It wasn't happening at the Melon Patch, so I headed for the 17" Hole at 8:35.  Fortunately, it's a short ride.  I got a pike right away on the Terminator Frog.  We started heading East.  Steve missed a really good blowup.  I think I missed one.  Then Steve missed one.  Then the 16-incher left no doubt he was a feeding fish.  I then quickly caught a 13.5". Steve caught a 13.75, but I think that was at the Melon Patch.  I missed a couple more blowups;  One was a fish that had given its position away and I rushed it thereby losing the fish when it hit.  Steve had one blowup as he pulled the frog out of the water.  I was putting my rain pants on when Steve set the hook on a fish that missed the frog.  He cast right back and it hit again.  He set the hook and immediately thought he had a pike break him off, except the Power Clip was still attached to his line.  That's the 3rd time I've had a lure come off on one, each time was a freak deal.  With that, we called it a night.
7.89lbs  for the Bass tonight

No comments: