Thursday, August 09, 2018

Tough Morning, OK Evening


6:00-10:30AM Big Rice Point, West Point Dock
60-74℉, Sunny, 0-5mph NW
16.25" Terminator Jig/Craw Fatty (Black/Red)
I didn't stop at the GOMH this hazy morning for fear it would be a short topwater window, which it was.  I caught one dink on the Horny Toad on Big Rice Point and missed 3 or 4 other hits.   Then pretty much nothing.  I went into the bullrushes/reeds at Cane Access Across and got a dink on the KVD Shiner.  On my way in I was going to stop at "The Dock", but some kids in a paddle boat were fishing by it, so I went to West Point and caught the nice one there along with a dink.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
7:30-9:00PM NW Bay
77-70℉, Sunny, 0-4mph NW
77℉
3.10lbs/17.33lbs Bobby's Perfect
It was going to be a short trip, so I decided to see what was up in the NW Bay.  Within the first ten minutes, I caught the 16.5" out of the pads after having a fish, probably the same one, miss the frog on my first couple of casts.  I went inside the rice line and started working my way down and got the 17-incher.  I then lost a good one and had the Bobby's Perfect get bit off.  I caught a couple of dinks and got nothing in the juice.  The skeeters came out and I was done just after 9PM.  Todd and the girls arrived at about 9.
11.04lbs for my Best 6 Bass
   

No comments: