Saturday, March 09, 2024

Ice Off Platte & I Got Two Gators @GOMH

 

First of two min-gators

Clicking will show the ice line


ice at the Platte Lake Access
5:10-6:45 PM Rock & GOMH
30-34℉, Sunny, 3-6mph NW

Rock Report: There was still ice on the southern half of the lake. There was very little baitfish activity. I heard eagles but didn't see them. Somebody was pulling out as I came down the hill. Tomorrow will be the day ice goes off Rock.

GOMH Report: I saw a red-wing blackbird in the tree to the East. There were not nearly as many swans around tonight. About 15' of ice is still at the access and a fair amount in Inlet Bay. I would be able to get a boat from the access to Jenny's so I'm calling ice out today. I had a small gator take a swipe at the Swim Shad right by the shore before I pulled it out of the water. A couple of casts later I had a hit across the channel in front of the cattails on the Swim Shad, a small gator. I threw the gator on the far side of the beaver dam. I put Cubby/Minnow out and got hit just to the East of the Beaver Dam flotsam. I'm pretty sure this fish was smaller. It came off as I tried to beach it sending my rig up and around the bridge gating, ridiculous. I got things untangled and called it a night. There was still some ice at the NE Access on Sullivan. The Bonfire Crew was doing a controlled burn as I was leaving. I could feel the heat at the car; I and the car smelled like smoke the whole way home.

2 Gator

No comments: