Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Pete Caught Some Fish On Bulldog Today

Pete drilled in the right spot
4:00-8:00PM Bulldog Lake
Conditions: 35-31℉, Cloudy, Calm
Depth: 30' with the fish coming 7' and up

After getting Steve up to speed on a chainsaw and visiting Don W for a bit we headed out to Bulldog Lake.  Pete went right out to the deep hole where I wanted to go yesterday and drilled a couple of holes.  I was right behind him this time.  I started getting my stuff ready to fish.  Pete dropped down in the first hole and immediately brought up a little perch.  Next thing he brought up was a crappie and then another and then another.  I went and drilled a couple of holes.  By the time I was done the fish had left Pete's hole.  I didn't get anything in my first hole and briefly had some fish below the second one.  Pete and I drilled around hoping to connect with some fish.  We went about an hour and a half without getting anything, but Pete getting a few perch.  After 7PM Pete started catching fish again, even a few small bluegills.  I missed all the bites I had.  Pete caught his fish on a small chart. tungsten jig with maggots or a minnow.  He ended up keeping 10 crappies.  I didn't catch anything.  Pete had fun but felt bad I didn't catch anything. I didn't care one way or the other about me getting fish.  I didn't have to clean any.

12 Crappies
15 Perch
3 Sunfish

No comments: