Sunday, August 23, 2015

GOMH & Rock

14.5" Super Fluke
4:30-6:30PM
Conditions: Overcast, low 60's, windy out of the W SW, water level low on P/S and normal on Rock

I won a 7' St. Croix Avid MF rod on Ebay that I'm thinking of using for Flukes and Senko's.  I got a reel on it yesterday and went and tried it out today at the Grumpy Old Man Hole;  I immediately caught the 14.5" and a 13" jumpin' bullhead on it under the bridge on the NE side.  I then missed a hit on the Fluke and on the Piranha.  I went to the SW side and caught and got this toothy on the Piranha.
19.5" D & M Piranha bluegill
Seeing as we have been having Fall like weather this week, getting over and trying Rock Lake was also on the agenda today.  I was surprised that the water level appeared to be normal.  I managed to pull a 17" out of the Rice to the South of the dock.
17" Spro Frog

That was all I got.

No comments: