Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dog Day at the GOMH

Looky what I caught this morning.
27.5 inches
I caught this Fin on a Cubby jig head no plastic with a little piece of minnow that was torn up because of the "bullheads" I'd been catching on it.  It took me about 10 minutes to get it in.  Then once I got it in when I went to reach down for the camera it bit my jacket, so I had to grab the pliers to get it unstuck.  I released it.
16.75"
  I got this one eyed jumpin bullhead along with 3 others and I also got this silver bullhead along with 5 others and 5 or so orange bullheads.  All came on Cubby with a minnow or piece of a minnow, but only 2 jumpers and 2 silvers came with the plastic on the jig.

Evening trip: I got out from 5:30 to 8:30 tonight.  The South side was loaded with people and there were about 7 boats.  People on the SW shore were catching them along with the boat closest to that shore.  I just watched for 15 minutes then went to fish the North side and got nothing.  By the time I got to the South side again it clouded up when a cold front came through and the fish quit biting.  I got one silver and a guy next to me got a smaller dogfish that he killed.  I saw a boat catch a fin as well.  Very slow.

No comments: