Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nothin' But Jumpin' Bullhead (For Me)

Weather: Today was warmer sun and almost 60 with little wind.

I arrived at the GOMH around 7:30PM and I fished the SW side and for about 5 fruitless minutes on the NE side. Here is the run down.
15.5" Jumpin Bullhead Red/Black Pit Boss
14.25" Jumpin Bullhead " "
14.50" Jumpin Bullhead Beetle Spin
14.25" Jumpin Bullhead " "
14.25" Jumpin Bullhead Pink Cubby Mini-Mite w/ Minnow
15"+ Jumpin Bullhead " " " " (long line release)

Lantern Man showed up around 8:15PM and fished the SE side. He caught more bullheads than me. When I started fishing with the Cubby I discovered I didn't have the light for the bobber. I did a 2nd long line release on a smaller jumpin bullhead when the hook on the Cubby broke. I went to switch to my lighted bobber rod only to discover there was no light in the bobber. AGGGGGHHHH!

I tied on another Cubby and fished with my headlamp on. I did get one bite while doing that but I didn't hook it. I fished to about 9:30PM, not much was happening by that point.

No comments: