Monday, September 06, 2010

1 Pike

Today was windy again with rain predicted for later in the day. I went to Brainerd and stopped at the little park at the river outlet on Lower South Long Lake. The wind was blowing straight in out of the East. I did get a hit on a white Sizmic Toad, but it was something quite small, maybe a sunfish.

On the way back from Brainerd I stopped at Bulldog which was also getting the full force of the East wind. Didn't get anything.

Last stop was at Jenny's from shore. On my second cast I had a pike steal my Sizmic Toad and Owner TwistLock Hook. I decided to live dangerously and give it a shot with a "Grapes of Wrath" Mad Maxx frog. I had a fish wake at it but not hit. Then a few casts later a boil that missed then right after that a fish came up throught the duckweed and got it. It was a pike, unfortunately no sign of my hook. I threw a few more casts and had a strike from a very small pike that came completely out of the water as it missed the frog.

I now am 10 for 12 with Mad Maxx.

No comments: