Friday, March 04, 2005

On the March

March 3rd 2005

I am finally getting over my sinus and ear infection and the weather is OK, so I headed out for some evening fishing at "The Hole". Was on the road and out of Bear Trax by 5:15 figuring I would hit the evening bite. Much to my surprize there were two trucks and traps on "The Hole." They were basically sitting right where I would have wanted to go. I didn't want to crowd them and so I went a bit SW and was only in about 21 ft of water.

I was surprized to see solid marks even before I dropped my first minnow. I had a keeper, a couple of good misses and a about 4 smalls immediately. One of the guys was leaving and so I went over and talked to him. He said the fish were thick and aggressive and he even got a good sunfish. He was headed home with a limit of 8"to9" fish. The other guy, I think also had a limit and left. The sun was heading down and I went out and made ramps in their holes. I then got back and nailed a couple of small crappie. I had forgotten my LED headlamp and so I drove back and got it. There was zero bite when I got back in any of the holes. Looks like a day bite????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Basspastor...I was browsing for information on ice fishing shanty when I stumbled on to your blog. I can tell why with your latest post on On the March it really caught my attention. I'd love to see more information about ice fishing shanty and I'll come back by to see what you have going on here as well. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Basspastor...I was browsing for information on ice fishing when I stumbled on to your blog. I can tell why with your latest post on On the March it really caught my attention. I'd love to see more information about ice fishing and I'll come back by to see what you have going on here as well. Thanks again!